Skip to main content

Part 1: Professional Communication Technologies

                                                 Types of communication
There are many types of communications in our lives to help you to get people to know you, what can you do, what have you done and also what's your future plans. I am always trying my best to look good on my professional life but it's not easy. You need to have experience and learn from them. My types of communication are the most common ones for my type of professional life.
It takes the time to prepare your material for the auditions that you want to show or sometimes they ask what they want to see. I don't like spending to much time to prepare my self because it really stressing me out and it makes me stopping from doing my best but at the same time I know what I'm doing. There ar two ways of professional communication in the auditions. The first way to communicate is non-verbal. For example actively listening all the direction that you've been given and show In your body language/dance technique that you are taking on the feedback given ensuring you do not repeat your mistakes. The other way is verbal; in the professional world of dance, your body language says a lot. Every moment you have to be representable especially in an audition because you don't know when someone is looking at you for various things such as casting etc; you always want to be ready.
   Also, I did some part time jobs interview for me not get bored at home and I really wanted to collect some money so I could to do the things I'm passionate about. Things like, going classes, workshops, gym and traveling to auditions. I usually work at Burberry in Regent Street but now they moved me in Selfridges in Oxford Street; so now I occasionally switch between the two. To get through the interview process, I had to do two really important interviews to put me where I worked. I am with An Agency called TBC they supply luxury work in top brands, specifically for performers and artists which is amazing for us because things such as cancellations are not a problem because they understand the nature of our careers. Those two interviews there were asking so many questions about ourselves and also for the job that we were going to do, like " how do you work in under pressure and how do you deal with a customer at the same time?". Because I'm a dancer, not just me but every dancer, we are always under pressure and we have to still look good and confident no matter what is happening or has happened. At the interview, I gave this example and they really like it; that question was also tricky because the meaning behind it was, what can I give as a seller to the company I will work for. meaning they were looking for someone with excellent customer service skills but I was nervous because I've never worked in retail before. So I used my dance skills again like " I always what to look good and do my best in whatever I do" because this is what we want as a dancer as well.
   


This photo was taken in Bird college last year before Christmas. This was a long-term workshop for six weeks with three amazing dance choreographers; every two weeks we had a new choreographer. We were split into three groups and every group had to do three routines that lasted for ten minutes each, we had to make up the choreography within our groups working as a team but we did get some help from our assigned choreographer. We rehearsed for twenty hours per week to have enough time to choreograph, I found this quite challenging working with such big groups of people and stay organized. At the end of this workshop, we had to do nine shows in three days for the college and parents has the chance to come and watch. The whole process was really long for me but its really good experience and test yourself in many ways. The purpose of this whole workshop was to learn to express our ideas with confidence and work with a lot of different types of people.

Comments

  1. The idea of non-verbal communication - and verbal fantastic - very related to your work in the arts.
    Found this
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f358/4172380d35a6e577b5f367fee164418ca5e9.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. I will soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Networking

Spotlight Spotlight was founded in 1927 and is the UK's largest casting resource. Over 60,000 performers appear in Spotlight, including actors and actresses, child artist, presenters, dancers, and stunt artist. Thousands of production companies, broadcasters, ad agencies , and independent casting directors use Spotlight as a casting resource. Their clients range from large organisations such as the BBC, ITV, and Channel 4, to small production companies and individual casting directors. I used this website, last year because my college advised us to make an account to help us find future auditions even if we've left. I haven't used it that many times during my time at college purely because I had my college agency to sending me all the important auditions. Spotlight is a great and very successful system but I don't feel like it benefited me because in reality it's so much easier to have an agent than just this. Another reason is, you have pay every year to keep y

Task 3a - Current networks

  Professional Networking is important for our career because we can get jobs just from knowing someone from working together previously on a job for example. Esp, cially dancers who are trying to stay fit, they do this by joining different courses and dance workshops and at the same time they are meeting people who are already outside working in the industry and have experience teaching you or dancing next to you. It’s important to know how to communicate with people you are working with because someday they will help you find a job which can change your career completely. Most of the people who book jobs are seen and known by casting directors, not because they have more talent than let's say other trained dancers. Also you can use the online communication without the development of web 2.0 the use of online networking. As an artist and human, I am trying to keep my personal and professional networks separate because is keeps thing more professional, as both are really impo