Skip to main content

Task 3a - Current networks

  Professional Networking is important for our career because we can get jobs just from knowing someone from working together previously on a job for example. Esp, cially dancers who are trying to stay fit, they do this by joining different courses and dance workshops and at the same time they are meeting people who are already outside working in the industry and have experience teaching you or dancing next to you. It’s important to know how to communicate with people you are working with because someday they will help you find a job which can change your career completely. Most of the people who book jobs are seen and known by casting directors, not because they have more talent than let's say other trained dancers. Also you can use the online communication without the development of web 2.0 the use of online networking.

As an artist and human, I am trying to keep my personal and professional networks separate because is keeps thing more professional, as both are really important with different reasons. This is so I can have a profile for myself to express and another to market my goals and aspirations in a way that would appeal to choreographer and important people in the industry.

I use a few forms of online networking such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.  for my personal life networking and the same time, I can use it as a professional network.  There are some private or open groups online that people post jobs or auditions and so much more.
Also, I use Spotlight and The Stage Job that they are mainly for auditions and are full of professionals.




Comments

  1. You re-enforced three key points to me in this blog.
    Firstly, it is so true that being able to communicate in a professional way is a vital skill. Secondly using on-line tools has helps us to keep our practice current and lastly emphasising the need to be aware of keeping our personal and professional profiles separate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Professional Networking

Spotlight Spotlight was founded in 1927 and is the UK's largest casting resource. Over 60,000 performers appear in Spotlight, including actors and actresses, child artist, presenters, dancers, and stunt artist. Thousands of production companies, broadcasters, ad agencies , and independent casting directors use Spotlight as a casting resource. Their clients range from large organisations such as the BBC, ITV, and Channel 4, to small production companies and individual casting directors. I used this website, last year because my college advised us to make an account to help us find future auditions even if we've left. I haven't used it that many times during my time at college purely because I had my college agency to sending me all the important auditions. Spotlight is a great and very successful system but I don't feel like it benefited me because in reality it's so much easier to have an agent than just this. Another reason is, you have pay every year to keep y

Part 1: Professional Communication Technologies

                                                 Types of communication There are many types of communications in our lives to help you to get people to know you, what can you do, what have you done and also what's your future plans. I am always trying my best to look good on my professional life but it's not easy. You need to have experience and learn from them. My types of communication are the most common ones for my type of professional life. It takes the time to prepare your material for the auditions that you want to show or sometimes they ask what they want to see. I don't like spending to much time to prepare my self because it really stressing me out and it makes me stopping from doing my best but at the same time I know what I'm doing. There ar two ways of professional communication in the auditions. The first way to communicate is non-verbal. For example actively listening all the direction that you've been given and show In your body language/dance